Thursday, June 11, 2015

Positivity Blog Tour......When in doubt, Dance it out.



June 11, 2015

Positivity Blog Tour Week 2

I decided recently to check out the television show ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. Okay, you can stop chuckling now. I don’t watch much TV, and I do tend to stay away from the mega popular shows for some inane reason. But the point I’m trying to make is the 2 main female characters, Meredith and Cristina, refer to themselves as being ‘Dark and Twisty’ and are referred to by their men, Derek and Owen, as being the ‘Twisted Sisters’. This just shows me that even ubber successful, financially sound backgrounds and what should be the perfect upbringing does not in any way, shape, or form guarantee a ‘Happy Go Lucky’ adulthood.

May is a terrible month for me. I try to ignore the signs, the impending anniversaries, the dark cloud looming. I keep myself busy. I make certain my mind is occupied nonstop. I will binge watch television even, as is apparent from the above paragraph. But invariably the signs smack me down, the anniversaries hit, the dark cloud bursts and my life turns to hell. It’s been this way for 18 years. I’ve come to the conclusion it will probably be this way for the rest of my life. So, I have two options. One, stay in bed for the month of May from here on out; or two, and a much better choice in my humble opinion, keep on doing what I’m doing, forcing myself to meet each day. Pushing those negative thoughts as far away from me as I can. Be proactive and think of something better.

The one thing I can tell you that I have in common with the ‘Twisted Sisters’ of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ is dancing it out. When Meredith and Cristina can’t handle something, need a pick me up or need to just unwind; those two crazy girls put on some tunes and dance their little hearts out. The simple truth is you can’t be angry, bitter, or down in the dumps if your blood is flowing and your heart is tripping to the beat of a song. So, if it works for the ‘Twisted Sisters of Grey’s Anatomy’ why can’t it work for me/us?

So, here’s your challenge.


The next time life is giving you a good hard punch in the gut or volleying lemons at your head, do a 30 second Dance it Out session. And if 30 seconds isn’t enough, extend it to the length of the song if need be. Even if you are in bed sick, you can still nod and bob your head and wiggle your digits. ;) I get they are two characters on a serial TV show, who just happen to be written exceptionally well, but in reality they are a bit of each of us too. We all have those 'Dark and Twisty' thoughts or moments. And, I'm a firm believer if those two can do it, so can we. Here’s to Dancing those dark and twisty thoughts right out of our lives. 

Put on some tunes and let's Dance it Out! :D

7 comments:

  1. Great Positive Post. I think we all have Anniversary's that get us like a punch in the gut. Staying Positive is hard in these times, but look for the very small things that you are grateful for. Lets Dance in the Rain and Dance it Out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dancing in the rain. Thanks for stopping by, Patches <3

      Delete
    2. This is what I say Savannah--DANCE TO THIS-- BTW--it's John Leith here-- not Nastaliam-!! https://youtu.be/bSiWM8y4Zi4

      Delete
  2. My terrible month is December. The whole month brings me down, especially Christmas. It used to be one of my fave Hokidays, and now I have to catch myself from getting down all the time when everyone else is so happy and excited. Maybe I'll dance it out next time! I do love Grey's! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call me and I'll dance it out with you. <3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Anytime you're ready, Lanie, just let me know. I'll dance it out with you. ;-)

      Delete